Florida’s key state incentives include the following:
- Quick Response Training (QRT): Provides grant funding for customized training to new or expanding businesses.
- Incumbent Worker Training (IWT): Provides employers with funds to train currently employed workers.
- High Impact Performance Incentive (HIPI) – Grants to pre-approved applicants by Department of Economic Opportunity that operate in Clean Energy, Life Sciences, Financial Services, Corporate Headquarters, Information Technology, Advance Manufacturing, Semiconductors, or Research & Development; create 50 jobs; and make a $50 million capital investment.
- Sales Tax Exemptions: Offers sales and use tax exemptions (Capital Investment Tax Credit – CITC) on a variety of business purchases, including machinery and equipment used by a new or expanding manufacturer, research and development equipment, and certain other items.
- Expedited Permitting Assistance
For more information on Statewide Incentives, contact Enterprise Florida.
Florida Resiliency and Energy District (FRED) PACE program provides an alternative method of financing covering costs of certain energy efficiency and wind resistance improvements to commercial projects. Florida Statutes allows this financing mechanism to apply to improvements to existing structures, new builds, as well as Greenfield projects.
Power costs should never be a barrier for your business. FPL provides energy that affordable, reliable, and clean. Even with rates among the lowest in the Southeast and well below the national average, FPL understands that, in today’s competitive economy, it takes more. Florida Power & Light offers incentive programs for growing businesses.
- Economic Development Rider (EDR) – Designed to help attract new investment and create more jobs in Florida. Eligible companies receive discounts on new electric demand for up to five (5) years.
- Commercial Industrial Service Rider (CISR) – Designed to attract new, large power users to the state as part of the competitive site location project.
To learn more about FPL’s incentive programs for businesses, click here.
The City of Bunnell offers economic development incentives utilizing a point system based upon project criteria covering the following topics: target industry, capital investment, facility size & location, and employment number.