On Thursday, May 21, 2020, Governor Ron DeSantis approved Flagler County's Vacation Rentals Safety Plan, which can be found here. Effective immediately, short-term vacation rentals are now available for bookings based on the guidelines outlined in the safety plan below. These guidelines should be implemented alongside and align with the CDC standards to build confidence in travelers and industry employees that their health and safety is a top priority.
Top Things to Know:
- Ten (10) person occupancy cap
- Reservations from International Travelers shall not be accepted, nor booking accepted
- Self quarantining required for fourteen (14) days for any of the following visitors:
- Any guest that has been on a cruise within fourteen (14) days of booking
- Any guest that has been out of the continental United States within fourteen (14) days of booking
- Quarantine Orders for New York Tri-State and State of Louisiana Travelers - anyone traveling from the New York tri-state area (New York, New Jersey or Connecticut) or the State of Louisiana are subject to a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine & reporting requirements.
- #2020-82 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Isolation of Individuals Traveling to Florida (Extended by: #2020-112 Executive Order re: Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery)
- #2020-86 Executive Order re: Emergency Management – COVID-19 – Additional Requirements of Certain Individuals Traveling to Florida (Extended by: #2020-112 Executive Order re: Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery)
- Specific cleaning protocols for Vacation Rentals are also in effect, which can be found here.
- Pre-arrival screening of guests to include home origin in addition to the FDOH Screening for COVID-19 found here.
- Maintain records of all bookings to include full name, address, email, phone number to be provided upon request by the FDOH in Flagler County or State Law Enforcement.
- Display COVID-19 Warning (found here) in all vacation rental units.
- Provide guests copies of the following Executive Orders:
- 2020-03 Requirements on Individuals arriving from CT, NJ, NY and LA
We recognize the priority of keeping both our residents and visitors safe and are confident that these guidelines will allow for a safe reopening of short-term vacation rentals in Flagler County.