Applying for a Grant
Each organization must designate one individual who will be the primary contact and responsible for maintenance of the grant, correspondence, funding processes and reports. The individual shall ensure that all fundamentals of the grant are followed and that reports are submitted in a timely manner. Please contact Amy Lukasik for Capital Projects (Fund 109) and Beach Renourishment (Fund111) applications.
- For Fund 110 Grants, applicants must meet with Tourist Development staff prior to submitting the application.
- Each event/program must have a separate grant application.
- The application must be typed. Accuracy is important.
- The application must be completely filled out. Not Applicable or N/A should be marked for any question deemed inapplicable to the application.
- The application must be signed by an authorized agent of the organization. Applications without signature will be returned.
- The application must be submitted by the posted application deadline for the upcoming meeting. Applications will be date stamped and added to the agenda in the order that the grant application review meeting with TDC staff is held with the applicant.
- Grants are reimbursable and funds will not be distributed until after the event is held and a post event meeting is completed.
- Grants can be awarded after an event has taken place.
- Please review the grant policy thoroughly as there are specific matching fund policies that are required in order to be awarded and reimbursed for the event.
All applications are considered by the TDC in posted meetings open to the public. If approved by the TDC, the recommendation is presented to the Board of County Commissioners for final approval. Funding is available following ratification of the Tourist Development Council’s grant approval by the Board of County Commissioners.
The Flagler County Board of County Commissioners must be named as additional insured on the applicant’s general commercial liability policy or special event insurance policy with a further certification that the insurance premium has been fully paid. The limits of liability shall be no less than $1 million for general liability, $1 million commercial general liability, each occurrence, and $1 million personal injury, including death. The policy must be occurrence based.