Health & Fitness in Palm Coast and the Flagler Beaches
- If biking is up your alley, try the A1A scenic loop, a 19 mile loop that goes through Flagler County and parallels the Atlantic Ocean along A1A from the northern and southern county lines. Cyclists will enjoy breathtaking views of cinnamon colored beaches along the way.
- Run over the bridge to Flagler Beach for some endurance accompanied by a great view. Park your vehicle at Wadsworth Park- located at the western foot of the bridge to begin.
- Kayak around to get some exercise, vitamin D and see beautiful views – this location offers paddlers unique kayak destinations to various coves, estuaries and salt marsh creeks with a manatee Cove just minutes away with manatees, dolphins and various bird sightings.
- Hot yoga is a great way to stretch and strengthen muscles, joints and ligaments. Being in a heated environment will allow you to move freely and increase blood flow.
- For a scenic hike, grab your dog and their leash and head to Graham Swamp Trail. It offers a chance to see wildlife and a glimpse of the dense floodplain where Bulow Creek rises. It is a pretty flat trail with few wooden bridges.
- For an invigorating tennis match, grab a partner and drop in to the Palm Coast Tennis Center
- Pine Lakes Trail is a flat 3.1 mile trail with a smooth ride that has resting stops along the way. Challenge yourself and hit all the exercise stations along the trail.
- Surfing is a possibility year-round here. Grab a wetsuit if it’s chilly, then show us what you got and catch some waves.
- Peak Performance Fitness is a locally owned small gym where people of all ages come together to do what they are passionate about.
- Flagler Bike Fun Run is a shop conveniently located near the beach across from Veterans Park, making it easy to ride along the coast and return your rental at day’s end. The shop has bikes for guests of all ages and sizes available for rent for as low as $30.
- The Skate Park is a great place to bring your kids to burn off some energy.
- Enjoy a beach run with your four legged friend or bring the whole family along for a leisurely beach walk!
We challenge you to pick 3 activities on this list to complete while you are here!
If you are after fresh, healthy food this New Year, make your way to Hammock Organics for some clean eating. They use only organic veggies, meats and dry products.
Cooking more up your alley? Load up with fresh goodies at the Flagler Beach Farmer’s Market, held every single Friday and Saturday, rain or shine.
Wild Rabbit Café and Health bar has a plant-based menu which caters to vegetarians, vegans, and conscious omnivores. They also offer numerous gluten free options. Stuffed avocados, buddah bowls, quiche, fresh juice and smoothies, the list goes on and on.
Planning your trip to Palm Coast and the Flagler Beaches can be made easier by downloading our app: Flagler Stay Play Eat or check out our website at www.visitflagler.com.